Slider

Lazada Philippines

Random Ramyun Discovery

Wednesday, June 11, 2014


I'm generally into spicy food, and generally into Korean food, but I don't really know much about the instant ramyun brands out there. I mean like the only brand I thought that existed in the Philippines was the Nongshim brand of noodles. 

The other day while I was at Puregold, I was browsing through the noodles section. There was a 5-pack ramyun bag from Nongshim, but the expiry was in less than a month that I personally felt that it might not be worth it to buy something that'll expire soon nor is it worth it to keep on eating something just for the sake of consuming everything. 

Out of curiousity, I gave this Paldo brand ramyun a try. 


Amusingly, it tasted really good. As in I have tried Nongshim brand and other spicy ramyun packs gifted to us by other people, and the end result is that the ramyun is too spicy but not tasty. As in it's like you're just drinking chili soup with noodles.

This brand takes just about as long as other brands to cook, but the noodles are a bit thicker and are with the right firmness. 


The pack says 550mL but I think the real capacity to make it tasty is just to use 400mL of water. It's amusingly very tasty with a kick of spice, not the other way around. The noodles also felt smooth because some noodles are thick and are of good chewiness but the outer layer is a bit rough. These noodles are smooth. After all, they're not that cheap at Php40-- I mean add 10 pesos more and I can already get myself a branded pack of instant Japanese ramen. 


If you see this at Puregold, why not give it a try?


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Mari-nator . Design by Fearne.