Slider

Lazada Philippines

Best Western Guro Review

Tuesday, April 14, 2015


I guess I will be continuing all these hotel reviews so long as I end up in them? Hahaha. 
 I took a lot of photos of the last hotel we stayed in before we left Korea, and that is Best Western in Guro-gu of Seoul. 

 First off, this is not in the heart of Seoul per se... You'd actually have to either take the cab for about 40-50 minutes or ride the train for about 30-40 minutes to get to Seoul favorites like Gangnam, Myeongdong, and the like.

I'm thinking that maybe the travel agency decided that it's be better for us to stay in a non-downtown but nice hotel rather than stuffing us in a hotel that is in downtown Seoul but is ugly... The hotel itself is very nice, and the neighborhood is nice (there are many stores that are walking distance). More of it was probably only convenient as we were being dragged around in a tour bus... If we were to navigate Seoul alone this probably isn't the best way to go about it.
 So this is the view of the hotel right at its entrance.


 These are the views from the hotel's door, and more or less a good representation of the neighborhood and what attractions are near to the hotel.


 The nice thing is that there is a Starbucks store within the hotel premises, so I guess that's already one big plus. If you're into beauty products another big plus is that right beside this Starbucks store is an Olive Young (beauty products store). I wish I had discovered it sooner because I only realized it when our tourbus was already leaving for the airport!

These are photos of the lobby area. The lobby is not as spacious as the other hotels we stayed in, but the nice thing is that there are a lot of seats, and that there's a lot to do in the area... 




This is the bedroom area. Not bad if you ask me. There are two single beds and a table and chair set. I really appreciated the table and chair set as I had a laptop with me. I liked how I could use my laptop while seated upright.




This is the corridor of the room. I'd say that it's quite narrow given how many times my arm accidentally hit the wall...

 This is the closet of the room. At least it comes with a safe! (the other hotel we stayed in did not have a safe so yeah...)


The freebies of the minibar are considered okay. At least there is a hot water pot, and I am liking the idea that the tea and beverages are all Korean.


But of course, not everything is free. Toothbrush and razor sets are for sale here.

One thing I have to point out is that Korea's electrical outlets are rounded, so be sure to take the right adaptors and plugs with you. There really was not a single 250V flat outlet in Korea, I swear.

 This is the television set. Nothing special, really, but at least there are English channels here and there.

 This is the luggage table as well as the shoerack. I also thought that it was so thoughtful of them to provide weighing scales for guests' use because this helped us keep track of how heavy our suitcases were. Since it's in Kg I wouldn't say it was an accurate way of saying if all the munching had already gotten to our thighs...
The most luxurious part is probably the bathroom. It's got a bathtub, a nice set of toiletries (this is the only one of the three hotels we stayed in in Korea that provided more than just free soap bars), and really ambient lighting. 





And the best part is that in all the hotels I have stayed in in my whole life, from the most luxurious to the most run down, this is the first time I have stayed in a hotel that provides seat bidets in all bathrooms. HUHUHU the luxury


 
The restaurant is okay for me. Not the most mind blowing breakfast buffet ever, but it gets the job done.



This is the kind of breakfast that you can have at La Stella retsaurant.

And hooray that's it for this review. 

I would consider staying here again if I have business to do nearby, or if I will be picked up and dropped off here every day of my stay in Korea. But if not, while this is a good hotel, the location is far from the hustle and bustle of downtown Seoul and I'd consider staying in somewhere nearer to where the action is. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Mari-nator . Design by Fearne.