Slider

Lazada Philippines

My Nescafé Gold Experience

Wednesday, October 11, 2017


During Lazada's Superbrands week this year, I got myself a Nescafé Red Mug machine, as well as Nescafé Gold in Latte Macchiato. Perhaps, to describe how good Nescafé Gold is, it tastes like the output off a Nescafé Red Mug machine. 

I recently learned so much about coffee foam. Apparently, foam in coffee is not just some fancy way to charge people more for coffee. In my simple way of understanding it, froth means bubbles, and bubbly liquid means more surface area touching the taste buds. The result is a more flavorful and aromatic experience. 

I couldn't understand at first why my Nescafé Red Mug machine could make any cheap coffee taste nice, even if it's basically just making use of creamer and coffee powder. Turns out, the jet that spews out a stream of hot water to froth the creamer on the mug is the key. I have tried using the machine to froth my milk tea, hot chocolate, and basically everything with creamer, and suddenly, the mundane becomes the extraordinary. 

That explains why this line is special, and how you can really taste the difference that it really is Nescafé Gold. The powder foams by itself as you add hot water, so it's really frothy and creamy, as if it had been made with the help of a milk frother. Or, as if it had been acquired from a fancy coffee shop. 

There are 3 Flavors right now: White Espresso, Latte Macchiato, and Cappuccino. 

But my favorite is Latte Macchiato!!! I feel that amongst the three, it's the milkiest. I am a very milky coffee drinker, which is why this resonates with me the most. Although, it begs an explanation that I usually add so much milk to my coffee, and I have my coffee in glasses taller than this. This is really invigorating with a full bodied and bold blend of Arabica and Robusta beans. But trust me that it tastes more expensive than the usual!

 I usually like to prepare this with my Nescafé Red Mug machine. I put the contents of the sachet in a cup, and use the jet function of Red Mug, which is why the froth is this high in this photo. In real life, assuming I don't use the machine, it's about just 1cm thick, which still, is, very healthy of an amount of froth.

Find this at groceries near you, and take advantage of the Php330 for 2 boxes deal at Lazada

Follow me!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Mari-nator . Design by Fearne.