Slider

Lazada Philippines

Lazy Afternoon At Kushikatsu Daruma

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Kushikatsu Daruma

It's always a good time at Kushikatsu Daruma! Ah, as I type this I miss their Chuhai all of a sudden. Everytime thoughts of Kushikatsu Daruma come up, I always associate the place with the words "filling" and "refreshing." It's the ultimate go-to spot if you want Japanese comfort food.


The whimsical Japanese tavern interiors always get to me. I wish they had more branches (read: a branch in Quezon City) because this place is the best and I live 1.5 hours away. It's unbelievable to be telling people that I'm 1.5 hours away even when it's just 11km away from our house. The traffic really has gotten to an unprecedented level of bad.
Kushikatsu Daruma Interiors

The special Soft Shell Crab kushikatsu (Php129) quickly caught my attention! 
Kushikatsu Daruma Special Menu

Mom had a Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl (Php295) for this time. Kushikatsu Daruma really knows how to create homestyle rice bowls, that they are not only filling, but also foods that bring immense comfort. The chicken really is grilled and seasoned to perfection that it really will feel like you're eating a rice bowl in Japan and not in BGC.

Speaking of rice bowls, their Gyudon bowl is also very famous, so that's the one I'm eyeing to get the next time around....
Kushikatsu Daruma Chicken Teriyaki

I tried out their Tantanmen (Php365)! Hmm for me I found the broth a litttle bit too thick. I usually envision tantanmen as extremely rich and peanutty, but with a very runny broth. This is on the thicker side. But for those who really want to have a very decadent meal, this is a good choice.

The noodles are cooked to perfection, and I really loved the meat.
Kushikatsu Daruma Tantanmen

And this photo makes me so giddy because kushikatsu. Yeah, no need for long explanations when it's this good.

And the sauce! The sauce! We brought some of the kushikatsu home, and asked to bring home the sauce served to us. We not only dipped the kushikatsu in the sauce, but we kept it in our fridge and used it as a miracle broth for everything else we ate that week. Their sauce is out of this world, with how balanced the sweet, savory, and tangy flavor profiles come together.
Kushikatsu Daruma Kushikatsu Platter

And my crab!!! The moment I ate this, I was like "It's over?" because it was too good. Y'all can call it a little parcel from the heavens.
Kushikatsu Daruma Soft Shell Crab Kushikatsu

And if you really wanna be blown away by restaurant ice cream, their Caramel Miso Ice Cream (Php100) should do the trick. Almost all Japanese restaurants have ice cream, but theirs is so refreshing with the savory-sweet sesame crunch topping. The super creamy ice cream base, as well as the syrup, make for a heavenly treat. And the value for money is something to note as well! I could not believe that this was just Php100, given that other restaurants would also charge Php100, but then they'd just be scooping ice cream from a local commissary.
Kushikatsu Daruma Caramel Miso Ice Cream

To end this post, I just want to say: I. CAN'T. WAIT. TO. GO. BACK. 






Follow me!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Mari-nator . Design by Fearne.